How To: Create a Return
Returns are normally created from the original sales order, this creates an audit trail:
- Open a Sales Order screen .
- Find and open the Sales Order which contains the item to be returned.
- Select the item lines which are to be returned.
- Click on the button.
- Click Yes to the create return for selected item(s) dialog box, the Returns screen will open with the items being returned in the upper grid.
- Update the quantities for the goods to be returned into the upper grid.
- Enter a Return Reason using the
Note: Return Reasons must be set up, see How To: Configure Return Reasons.
look up for each return line.
- If required, the default processing type can be changed using the lookup in the Processing Type column.
- If the item is to be returned directly to the supplier, select the Set Supplier button and set the supplier.
- Items being sent out to the customer are added into the lower grid:
- If the item is a direct exchange click on the down arrow, click on Yes.
- If the item is to be exchanged for an alternative item, click on the check box on the left hand side of the lower grid and use to open the Stock LookUp dialog box. Select the exchange items required.
- Note: if no exchange item is required, leave the lower grid empty.
- Check the Move Stock On Process check box if required:
- If ticked the levels of the stock being returned and any stock being sent out will be adjusted when the Process into Credit/Exchange button is pressed.
- If not ticked the levels of the stock being returned and any stock being sent out will be adjusted when the return is issued.
- Tick the Credit Original Delivery checkbox if the original delivery charge is to be credited to customer.
- Tick the Charge Delivery on Exchange checkbox if the customer is being charged for the items being sent out to them.
- Tick the Copy Extended Descriptions checkbox if you want the extended descriptions to be copied over to the new credit note.
- Check the invoice address is correct by moving to the Invoicing tab.
- Check the delivery address is correct by moving to the Delivery tab.
- Add Notes, if required, in the Notes tab.
- Press to save the Sales Return + or click
- Please refer to the notes on returns and refunds for further information about using Refunds.
- To preserve the original sell price and discounts for direct exchanges the sales order items must be moved from the upper grid to the lower grid using the direct exchange button .