018867: Courier Import: Changes to DM6 DX and to the Sales Order Courier selection process
The NightFreight DM6 courier integration has been modified as follows:
- The System Data, Couriers, Service Notes field will be exported as the Account Number.
- The Sales Order, Additional tab's Courier drop down will become read-only.
The modifications to the NightFrieght DM6 courier integrations are:
- The Service Notes field in the
[ System Data | Couriers ]screen will be exported as the Account Number (nfaccount) in the file that is exported when assigning to courier. This change the behaviour in that it will no longer use the account number set in the KSS Options allowing users to make use of multiple couriers.
[ Sales Order | Additional ]screen’s courier drop down will now be a read-only field and will not be editable my users. Courier Bandings will still be able to change to an appropriate courier when it reassesses the courier for the order.
- The export file will now export the refno as the invoice_id in its entirety.
Configuration steps for this development are as follows:
- A Changelog and an update will be applied as a part of this development.
- Other steps for configuration are as follows:
- In the
[ System Data | Couriers ]screen, the “Service Note” must be set with the required account number for each of the NightFrieght couriers that will be used.
- In the
Once configured steps for usage are as follows:
- Create a Sales Order as normal, add items and payment.
- In the
[ Sales Order | Additional ]tab, select a courier group from the dropdown.
Note: the courier is now set according to the configuration in
[ System Data | Courier Banding ]and will not be editable in the sales order screen by the user anymore.
- Press to save. + or click
- Confirm the shipment and assign to courier in the
[ Sales Invoice Manager | Shipping ]stage.
If the Courier used for the Sales Order is any of the NightFrieght DM6 Couriers, then the exported data will now include the value in the “Service note” field for the courier used.