019122: System Data Bank Accounts screen improvements
The Hide option for Bank Accounts has been improved to correctly apply to sales order payment lines.
The Hide option within the
[ System Data | Bank Accounts ] screen doesn't hide the grid from the Sales Order payment grid, which means that when you make a payment, you can make a payment to a hidden bank account. However, you wouldn't be able to report on this due to the bank account being hidden everywhere else in the system.
No additional configuration is required.
After applying the above Configuration, typical steps for usage would include:
- Open a System Data screen .
- Open the
[ System Data | Bank Accounts ].
- Press to enter edit mode. + or click
- Tick the Hide checkbox against a bank account you wish to mark as hidden.
- Press to save. + or click
This prevents any bank account with the Hide checkbox ticked from being used to create payments, either directly from the
[ Customer | Detail | Statement ] screen, or from the
[ Sales Order | Detail | Payments ] tab.
- Any payment that has a bank account that has been hidden will remain as it is. The Bank dropdown will still show the hidden back account as an option, until the Bank is changed.
- Sales orders may still be imported with the account for a payment line set to a hidden bank account.
- The user is not prevented from hiding all bank accounts. Doing so will still cause payments to use their default account from
[ System Data | Accounts | System Payment Types ], therefore the bank account defaulted to will still be available as an option in the dropdown.