This page provides information for New Users.
First, please read and understand the terms of using the information provided by this wiki - see disclaimer. Then have a look at:
Tips and Warnings
Throughout Khaos Control Wiki you will find tips and warnings that will help you get the most out of Khaos Control.
Throughout Khaos Control Wiki, we have assumed that you have some basic computer skills and that you are familar with Microsoft Windows techniques. If you are uncertain of any computing terms or techniques, click Start on your computer taskbar, and click Help. Look at the information displayed under the Contents tab of the Help window.
- When we ask you to click on something, we mean that we want you to point the screen cursor at that item and click the left mouse button once.
- When we ask you to double click on something, we mean that we want you to point the screen cursor at that item and click the left mouse button twice quickly.
- When we ask you to rest or hover over something, we mean that we want you to hold the cursor still over that item without clicking any mouse buttons.
- We will specifically say when we want you to click an item with the right mouse button.
- When we ask you to highlight or select an item, we mean that we want you to click that item. The item background colour may change (e.g. by becoming darker) to indicate the item has been selected and you can perform a subsequent action on it.
- When we ask you to green select an item, we mean that we want you to hold down the key whilst clicking. The item background colour will change to a deep green to indicate the item has been selected and you can perform a subsequent action on it.
- When we ask you to drag and drop (sometime abbreviated to drag'n'drop) and item, we mean that we want you to highlight it by clicking it, move the mouse (whilst keeping the mouse button held down)to drag the selected item to the location where you want to place it and then release the mouse button. The item you selected will be dropped into the new location.
- A check box is used to toggle between selecting and unselecting an option. We will ask you to click a check box when we want you to select or unselect an option. A tick in the check box indicates that the item is selected. The check box will be empty when the item is unselected.
- A tri-state box is a checkbox-type filter control that has an additional "don't care" state, indicated by a greyed-out tick on a dark background.
- A radio button is similar to a check box except that it is used where choosing an option is more than simply unselecting one option. There will always be at least two radio buttons, each button indicating a separate option. You cannot select two or more radio buttons: pressing a radio button will unselect the previously selected option. We will ask you to press a radio button when we want you to select an option. A dot in the radio button indicates the option is selected (the button will clear when an item is unselected).
For a resource such as this wiki to be as useful as possible, providing good navigation between topics is absolutely essential. We have provided several complementary systems to suit the different needs and different manners in which people browse such information. Understanding what is available will improve the way you access this wiki. See Navigation for details.
The organization of content is very important for resources like Khaos Control Wiki. Consistency is paramount, especially in the way we add templates to pages. See Header Templates for details.
Note: Even if you are an experienced wiki user and don't read anything else before editing a page, please read Header Templates!!!
Updating the Wiki
All customers are invited to add content as they wish and sysops will review and add appropriate links and categories.
Please note though that you will need to login first. See: