How To: Add/Move Stock to Picking Location in a Warehouse
| Warehouse Location Control is an Advanced User feature. |
It contains complex, resource-intensive functionality and a decision to begin using it should therefore not be taken lightly.
- Open a Warehouse screen .
- Click the Go button to populate the grid.
- Double-click on the Warehouse to open.
- Focus on any stock line in the grid.
Note: this must not be a Multi Stock location, to move stock items in multi stock locations use the button in the Warehouse List screen.
- Click the button to show the Location Move dialog.
- Select the Warehouse location you wish to 'move from' by selecting it from the 'Warehouse From' drop-down box.
- Focus on the stock Item you wish to move 'from'.
- Select the Warehouse location you wish to 'move to' by selecting it from the 'Warehouse To' drop-down box.
- Focus on the stock item you wish to move 'to'.
Note: only the same item can be moved between single locations, e.g. Stock Code 101 can only be moved to an alternative Stock Code 101 location. It is possible to move an item into a location ocupied by another item if that stock location is setup as multi bay and the item you wish to move is assigned to it.
- and enter the quantity you wish to move in the 'Quantity F4' box in the bottom left hand corner of the dialog box.
- button to add/create the selected move to a group. or click the
- Click 'Yes' to create a new group (movement), this will only prompt when adding the first item, or click the button to create a new move group without adding any items.
Note: all stock movements within Warehouse Control are tracked by groups. A group can consist of many items or only one item, they are used to audit stock movements.
- Click on the button apply move the stock item(s).
- Click 'Ok' to close the Location Move dialog box.