How To: Automatically Assign a Courier based on a Delivery Address Value
Sales Orders, either manually created or imported without a courier selected, can be assigned a specific courier when an entry in any of the Delivery Address fields matches the one held in
[ System Data | Courier Banding ].
For example, should you want your own van to be used for all deliveries within your town (e.g. "GRANTHAM"), then the system can be configured to automatically set the courier service to "Own Van" when "GRANTHAM" appears in the delivery address.
- Open a System Data screen .
- Open the
[ System Data | Courier Banding ]screen.
- Press to enter edit mode. + or click
- In the Address Contains field enter the value that must be matched in the customer's delivery address so their sales order is assigned the courier, for example Packstation, BFPO, name of a town or region etc.
- Press to save. + or click
- The Address Contains field is used in conjunction with the other options for setting the delivery rates and couriers, for example Brand, Zone and Postcodes.
- Sales Orders can be re-evaluated to determine the courier service either on import or invoice, see How To: Setup the System to Re-evaluate the Delivery Rate for Sales Orders.