How To: Create Default Notes
The specific note to be used on a document is set when creating the source document (e.g. using the purchase order screen to create a purchase order also creates the note to be printed on that purchase order). The
[ Relationship Management | Default Notes ] dialog allows an administrator to create a range of system-wide notes for use on printed reports, etc, see Default Notes for more information.
- Click on
[ Relationship Management ]on the application's title bar.
- From the Note Type drop-down list choose the document you wish to add the note to.
- Click on the button (located to the top left of the grid) to add a new note.
- Click on the new line that is created in the top left grid.
- Type in the note or message in the
Note Text:box on the right hand side of the dialog.
- If appropriate, change the start and end date (using in the grid) for the note, if the note is not date specific then leave them blank.
- Tick the Active checkbox if you want the note to be applied to the document (if a date range is defined it must be within it to be displayed).
- Click on the (green down arrow).
- Enter the Short description in the Short Description popup for the note, e.g. Picking Note.
- Click on Ok apply and save the note.
Note templates are stored in the lower template grid, these need to be moved to the top grid and activated to make them live.
- Focus on the note in the lower grid that you want to move to the upper grid.
- To add notes from the templates grid to the notes grid click on the (green up arrow) by the lower grid to move the note to the upper grid.
- The new note will move to the upper grid.
- The default note, the note that automatically appears in the notes section, is selected by checking the Active checkbox.
- Note: Only one note per type can be active.