How To: Create Nominal Accounts
This page explains how to set up nominal codes.
- Open an Accounts screen .
- Open the
[ Accounts | Nominal Accounts | Nominal Accounts ] tab.
- Press to enter edit mode. + or click
- Press to add a new item. or click
- In the Code column enter the Nominal Code.
- In the Description add a Description.
- In the System Type column press and from the options select the System Type, also see the Glossary for more .
- In the Account Type column press and from the options select the Account Type.
- Press to save changes.
- If the nominal account is not of System Type 'Sale' or 'Bank Control Account' (see Bank Accounts), no further steps are required.
- For Bank Accounts see How To: Create a New Bank Account for creating and mapping a bank account.
- For mapping sales nominals see How To: Create Sales Nominal Accounts for UK, EU and WW Sales and How To: Create a Sales Nominal Account for a Stock Item.
- The nominal account hierarchy determines the order that the system will go through when deciding which nominal to use when posting a sale or purchase.
- The system will warn the user when saving a new entry if a duplicate nominal code has been created. The user can acknowledge the warning and continue or change the code used before saving again.
- If the option Post header totals only (Sales) is enabled in
[ System Values | Accounts | General | General ]then manufacturer / stock type / stock item nominal mappings cannot be used.
- You cannot have duplicate nominal codes.
Note : If you have duplicate nominal codes before upgrading to a version that does not allow duplicate codes then if you go into edit mode and try to save then a warning will appear and you will not be able to save.