How To: Create a Comm Log Entry
- Open a Customer screen .
- Load the required customer record.
- Open the
[ Detail | CRM | Communication Log ]tab.
- Press to enter edit mode. + or click
- Click on the button (located to the top left of the grid) to add a new entry to the Communication Log.
- Enter the appropriate information in the communication log fields:
- The user displayed in the User field defaults to the user that is logged in, however this can be changed by pressing and selecting a different user from the drop down list.
- Press in the Contact Type field and select from the choices available.
- The Date and Time fields default to the date and time of communication log creation.
- Enter the description of the communication log in the free text Description field.
- Enter the response of the communication log in the free text Response field.
- Enter the date and time when the user will follow up the communication log entry in the Nxt Date and Nxt Time fields.
- If the HL (highlight) checkbox is ticked then the entry stand out by displaying it with a red background.
- Src Code will show the Sales Order number if the entry originated from a Sales Order.
- Contact (F8) allows the user to add a specific contact to the Comm Log entry, pressing
[ Customer | Address ]screen. allows the user to select the contact from a drop down list. The contact must already be setup in the
- Press to save. + or click