How To: Create a Return for Stock Items with Extended Stock Descriptions
Extended stock descriptions can be added to the credit note as the result of a return. Returns are normally created from the original sales order as this creates an audit trail however, they can also be created from a customer's record, see How To: Create a Return from a Customer Record:
- Open a Sales Order screen .
- Find and open the Sales Order which contains the item to be returned.
- Green-select the item lines which are to be returned.
- Click on the button.
- Click Yes to the create return for selected item(s) dialog box.
- Check the Move Stock On Process check box if required:
- TICKED the levels of the stock being returned and any stock being sent out will be adjusted when the Process into Credit/Exchange button is pressed.
- UNTICKED the the levels of the stock being returned and any stock being sent out will be adjusted when the return is issued.
- Tick the Credit Original Delivery checkbox if the original delivery charge is to be credited to customer.
- Tick the Charge Delivery on Exchange checkbox if the customer is being charged for the items being sent out to them.
- Tick the Copy Extended Descriptions checkbox.
- Check the quantities for the goods to be returned into the upper grid.
- Enter a Return Reason using the
Note: Return Reasons must be set up, see How To: Configure Return Reasons.
look up for each return line.
- If required, the default processing type can be changed using the lookup in the Processing Type column.
- If the item is to be returned directly to the supplier, select the Set Supplier button and set the supplier.
- Click on the to add the item to the lower exchange grid.
- Click on 'Yes' in the popup.
- Check the invoice address is correct by moving to the Invoicing tab.
- Check the delivery address is correct by moving to the Delivery tab.
- Add Notes, if required, in the Notes tab.
- Press to save the Sales Return. + or click
- Once the goods have been returned the return will need to be processed, see Sales Returns How Tos.
- The extended description will not appear in the exchange note unless it is set against the stock item or customer.
- Please refer to the notes on returns and refunds for further information about using Refunds.
- To preserve the original sell price and discounts for direct exchanges the sales order items must be moved from the upper grid to the lower grid using the direct exchange button .