How To: Create and Process a Quotation
The benefit of creating a quotation is that stock is not assigned to a quotation. When a quotation is saved its status is Pending and it can be viewed in the
[ CRM Manager | Quotes (Opportunities) ] screen.
- Open a Sales Order screen .
- Press . + or click
- Use the filters to find the customer.
- Double-click on the customer.
- Change the type in the drop down menu to Quotation.
- Add the required stock items.
- Add a Delivery Note/ Picking list Note or Invoice Note in the
[ Sales Order | Detail | Notes ]tab (Optional).
- Add a note against the customer's CRM, see How To: Create a new Communication Log entry against a Sales Order (Optional).
- Press to save. + or click
- Right-click on the grid and select
[ Goto | Goto Invoice ]or press + .
- Click Print Quotation (Single). This document can be:
- Close the report.
- Select the quotation and click on the Move Next button.
- Quotations are managed in the
[ CRM Manager | Quotes (Opportunities) ]screen. Using this screen where:
- Users can review current (pending), won (successful) and lost (unsuccessful) opportunities (quotes) for the system as a whole or for individual customers.
- Salespeople and their manager(s) can use the CRM detail for each opportunity, which shows the number of contacts that were generated against a single quote and the number of days since the last contact, to determine which opportunities to follow up and how to prioritise them.
- Successful and unsuccessful opportunities can be reviewed en masse.
- It allows the user to see which pending quotes are no longer viable and gives them the ability to remove them from the Quotations folder in the Sales Invoice Manager from this screen. This has two benefits:
- The user saves time as they don't have to open each quotation individually and delete them to remove them from the Quotations folder.
- When the user marks the quote as unsuccessful in this screen, a record is kept which can be used to analyse the success and failure of the quotation conversion rates.
- A customer can be marked as a proforma customer in their
[ Customer | Detail | General ]. They can automatically have quotation type sales orders created each time they require an order. This option is 'Proforma Customer order type' in
[ System Values | Sales | Order Display ].
- If there is already an associated payment with a quotation, for example when a sales order has been converted to a quote, then any payments will NOT be deleted even when they are not visible in the quote and can be seen on the customer's
[ Statement ]screen.
- If the quotation is converted to a sales order then the payment line will be displayed.
- If the quote is marked as unsuccessful, then the payment can be refunded from the customer's
[ Statement ]screen, see How To: Refund a Credit Note via the customer statement.