How To: Create and Process a Refund from a Sales Order
Refunds are normally processed via the original sales order. The refunds button should only be used when there is no return or users do not wish to record items as stock missing in the Returns screen. The following procedure describes how to process a refund for a stock item. To refund a whole sales order see How To: Refund a Whole Order.
- Open a Sales Order screen .
- Load the sales order containing the item to be refunded.
- Select the item line.
- Click on the button.
Note: the Refund button can't be used unless the sales order has already been issued.
- Click on 'Yes' in the Warning popup.
- Click on 'Yes' to create a linked Credit Note Refund.
- Click on 'Yes' to the Confirm popup.
Note: the system will create a credit note (within the sales order screen). By default, the system will only credit the cost of the items to be refunded. If the postage cost is also to be refunded click on the button next to the delivery field and turn the traffic light filter to green; this will change the order total to the item total plus the postage.
- Press to save the credit note.
Note: Extended Descriptions will automatically be copied over to the new credit note. + or click
The credit note can now be used for future orders. If the customer wishes to be reimbursed rather than have credit held against their account, further steps are required:
- Go to the
[ Sales Order (Credit Note) | Payment ]tab.
- Click on the button, the Refunds Dialog will open.
- Select the bank account the refund is to be issued from.
- Click 'OK'.
Note: as no stock is affected by using the Refund button, this does not affect the CoS nominal.