How To: Setup and Use Fulfilled by Amazon (FbA)
Khaos Control is able to interact with Fulfilled by Amazon orders and help maintain control over your stock levels held at Amazon warehouses. The setup for your FbA channel is very similar to other Amazon channels, but there are a few options you need to consider, so please read this page before setting up your FbA channel. To setup your Amazon channel see How To: Setup your Amazon Channel.
When using FbA, sales orders are imported into the FbA site defined in the setup. Since Amazon has done all the picking, packing and despatching the system will import the sales orders, automatically create an invoice and then automatically issue the orders.
Note you don't need to have different stock codes.
Setting up FbA
The following need to be setup before configuring your FbA channel:
- FbA site to hold your FbA stock in
[ System Data | Stock | Sites ](Required)
- FbA Sales Source, see How To: Create a Sales Source (Required)
- FbA Company Class in
[ Company | Company Classes ](Optional)
- FbA Bank Account, see How To: Create a New Bank Account (Optional)
In the Channel Setup screen:
- Open a Web Configuration screen .
- Open the
[ Stock | Channel Setup ]tab.
- Press to enter edit mode. + or click
- Press to add a new item. or click
- In the popup select the Channel Type from the drop-down.
- Add the name of the channel.
- Click OK.
- In the options area tick the following:
- Amazon fulfillment
- Assign Invoice Code on Import
- If using Warehouse Control Auto-pick on Import
- Configure the other options including:
- Bank Account
- Sales Source
- Company Class
- Ass Ref Prefix for example FBA
- Which Order Date either Purchase or Payment
- In the Amazon Fulfillment area:
- Import Stage, for example ORDERS - ISSUE, this means that the user doesn't have to intervene as the system will automatically issue the orders from here at the end of the day
- The fulfillment Site
- Tick the Import Fulfillment Only checkbox in the Options area.
- Press to save when ready
You will then need to link the Amazon channel you have defined here with Amazon, see How To: Setup your Amazon Channel.
When receiving Amazon FbA shipment information from Amazon for the same reference order, the shipping reference will now also be used when creating the unique Associated Ref in Khaos Control to indicate separate sales orders. This allows for bulk part-shipments handled by Amazon in separate files to be processed into Khaos Control.
Blank Billing Address
FbA import files, which do not include valid billing address details, will be imported, with the system using the delivery address as the billing address. This prevents the order being rejected due to the mandatory billing address details not being present.
Where to View FbA Stock Levels?
There are two methods of seeing your FbA stock levels:
- Change your site to your FbA site, see changing the Current Site
[ Accounts | Stock Value | Site Stock ]screen will display an overall picture of sales and stock levels in your FbA site depending on the filters you set. You can also compare the results across other sites.
When Warehouse Control is enabled, the invoice lines that are generated are automatically picked on import (where possible). This will ensure that manual intervention for FbA orders prior to Issue is kept to the bare minimum. This is enabled by ticking the 'Auto-pick on Import' option in the
[ Channel Setup ] screen for your FbA channel.