How To: Use SCS Element Values
Users can be forced to select from predefined SCS elements and captions when creating SCS items which must be setup beforehand, see How To: Setup SCS Element Values.
- Open a Stock screen .
- Load the required parent stock item.
Note: The parent stock item must not be stock controlled.
- Click the button. This loads the Size, Colour, Style dialog box.
Creating the Elements
- Click on the Element 1 Caption drop-down and select the required caption from the list.
Note: Element captions are drop-downs and cannot be typed over.
- Click on the button below the grid.
- Double-click on the Sk Code and Value from the popup to add them to the grid.
- You can add more than one option by green-selecting them and then either double clicking or press to add them to the grid.
- Only the options associated with the Caption will be available for adding to the grids.
- Enter the Reorder Qty if not 100% for the first Element only.
- Repeat this process for each individual instance of the first Element.
- Follow the above steps to create additional Elements with their options (Optional). Where the values will remain the same for each instance of an Element, the Buffer window may be used to copy and paste values. To do this:
- Select the items in the Element grid to be copied and re-used.
- Drag and drop them into the Buffer window, above the Element grid.
- Select the instance in the previous Element grid that the items are to be copied to.
- Select the button to select all of the items in the Buffer window (or select some of the items by using + ).
- Select the button to populate the Element grid.
Generate the stock items
- Click the button to add the example Stock Codes and Short Description will be displayed.
- Click on the button.
- Click the button.
- Follow the prompts and once complete load SCS child items to check that they have been generated as required.