System Values - Purchasing - General and Pricing
The options in this area affect purchase orders.
- PO displays supplied stock by default (default=unticked):
- Auto add purchase invoice note (default=ticked):
- Purchase Order Restrict Output : (default=unticked):
If the value of a purchase order is greater than the amount in the adjacent field and an Admin Password for 'Output Purchase Order' is defined in System Data, then the user will be required to enter the password when the PO is output as either as a report or an xml file, see How To: Restrict the value of a Purchase Order by User.
Note: this option isn't available if trigger rules have been set up to send purchase orders automatically on creation. The Purchase Order will still be sent automatically to the supplier.
- Load all delivery addresses when raising a Purchase Order (default=unticked):
This area is where you configure which type of prices are used when reordering items and how the buy prices in the system are updated.
- Update stock buy price when saving purchase order (default=ticked):
- Update supplier buy price when saving purchase order (default=ticked):
- Update stock buy price when saving purchase invoice (default=ticked):
- Update supplier buy price when saving purchase invoice (default=ticked):
- Purchase prices are net (default=ticked):
- : The system assumes buy prices are net (exclusive of VAT).
- : The system assumes that the buy prices are Gross (inclusive of VAT).
Note: if you have your purchase system set to use gross prices, the purchase price from a supplier should be configured as gross (inclusive of VAT), even ifthe supplier is not subject to VAT (e.g. based in USA).
- Purchase Prices Decimal Places (default=2): the number of decimal places that are allowed on purchase unit prices.
- Purchase Discount Net (default=ticked):
- Lock Purchase Order Prices (default=unticked):
The options in this area affect Supplier Returns.
- Return Reasons on Supplier Returns: This enables Return Reasons to be added to Supplier Return, with the Supplier Return grid having an additional column for the Return Reason. The options are:
- Disabled (default): Supplier returns have no Return Reason column (default).
- Optional: Supplier returns have a Return Reason column, but it is not mandatory.
- Mandatory:Supplier returns have a Return Reason column, but it cannot be saved unless a reason has been entered for each item.
- Notes and Caveats:
- If a customer return automatically raises a supplier return, the stock items added to the supplier return by this process will have the Return Reason column set as per the Return Reason on the customer return.
- Return Reasons with a processing type of 'Return to Supplier' can be setup in
[ System Data |Sales Order Processing | Return Reasons ]. Only Return Reasons with this Return Processing Type will be available in the Supplier Return screen.
Note: new systems are normally supplied with (default) values shown.