How To: Cancel an Issued Sales Order
This page describes how to delete an Issued Sales Order. If the sales Order has not been issued, see How To: Cancel a Sales Order.
To delete a sales order that has been issued you will need to do a return which is created from the original sales order, this creates an audit trail:
- Open a Sales Order screen .
- Find and open the Sales Order which contains the item to be returned.
- Select the item lines which are to be returned.
- Click on the button.
- Click Yes to the create return for selected item(s) dialog box, the Returns screen will open with the items being returned in the upper grid.
- Update the quantities for the goods to be returned into the upper grid.
- Enter a Return Reason using the
Note: Return Reasons must be set up, see How To: Configure Return Reasons. look up for each return line.
- If required, the default processing type can be changed using the lookup in the Processing Type column.
- Leave the lower grid empty.
- Press to save the Sales Return + or click
- Click the button in the Credit Note pane.
- If the customer does not wish the credit to be held on account and require an actual refund, click the button.
- In the Refunds Dialog:
- Select the bank account the refund is to be taken from.
- Click OK.
- Click Yes to confirm the refund.