How To: Automatically Generate Unique Alias Codes for Customers
Once you have setup a unique alias keycode, see How To: Setup Unique Alias Offer Codes using Keycodes, you must setup an associated Telesale Rule in order for it to trigger automatically and create the discount codes which can then be emailed to customers. If you wish to email this discount code to your customers then see How To: Email a Customer with their Unique Alias Offer Code.
Note: the alias code is generated when the sales order is issued in the Sales Invoice Manager.
- Open a Promotion screen
- Open the
[ Telesale Rules ]tab.
- Press . + or click
- Type the Telesale Rule title in the Short Description field.
- Type the relevant text in the Long Description field, only do this if you wish a prompt to appear, else leave it empty.
- Click on the next to the Issue Keycode Alias field to open the Discount Code Lookup.
- Find and select the appropriate Alias discount code.
- Tick the Always Active checkbox on the left of the screen to make the rule live or set the date range when you wish the offer code to be active.
- Press to save when you're ready. + or click