How To: Create and Process a Manual Credit Note
- Open a Sales Order screen .
- Press to open the Customer lookup dialog. + or click
- Use the filters to find the customer.
- Double-click on the customer.
- Change the type in the drop down menu to "Credit Note".
- Add a miscellaneous stock item to the sales order:
- Press to add a new item. or click
- Use the filters to locate the stock item code that is usually used for manual credit notes (typically "SYS_MISC". If the SYS_MISC item has not been created on your system then it will need to be setup, see How To: Create a SYS_MISC Stock Item.
- Double click on this stock item.
- Turn off the delivery charge and amend the Unit Price until the order total is correct.
- Press to save the Sales Order. + or click
- Press + or right-click on the grid and choose 'Goto' then 'Goto Invoiceâ€¦' from the grid's context menu.
- Click the 'Print Credit Note (Single)' button.
- Select your printer and click 'OK'.
- Select the credit note and click on the 'Move Next' button.
- Select the credit note and click on the 'Issue' button.
- Click 'Yes' when prompted to confirm issuing the credit note.
Once the Credit Note has been issued, there are three options open to you:
- Leave the credit on the customers account.
- Use the credit on a sales order, see How To: Use a Credit Note in a Sales Order.
- Refund the customers money (non-account customers only), see How To: Refund a Credit Note.
- Credit note invoices can be printed and issued in batches.
- Keycodes can be applied to credit notes, however, any discounts are not applied. This allows keycode analysis and sales analysis to take into account credit notes.