How To: Export data for mailings
|Exporting data for mailings is an Advanced User feature.|
Data for mailings can be exported from the following areas in Khaos Control:
The List Manager is used for filtering customer and supplier data, creating customer and supplier lists and exporting the resulting information. The List Manager dialog can be opened by clicking on the List Manager link in the Command Window or by right-clicking on the grid and selecting 'Add To / Open List Manager' (or 'Add to List Manager') in the following screens:
[ Customer | List ]
[ Supplier | List ]
[ Sales Summary | Customer ]
[ Accounts | Debt Management | Debtors / Creditors (Debtors Only) ]
Note: when using the filter button in Sales Summary the results can be added from the dialog box by ticking the 'Send directly to List Manager' option.
- Export all the records in the grid or those that have been selected using the Export Columns popup.
- Email all the records in the grid or those that have been selected using the internal email system. An appropriate email template is selected in the Template popup.
- Creates labels in preview for all records in the grid.
- Creates a custom report for example a letter for the all the records in the grid or those that have been selected.
- Adds the Key Code selected from the Key Code popup to all the records in the grid or those that have been selected. Adding a Keycode could be used to track the results of mailings.
- Adds a Comm Log entry using the Comm Log popup to all the records in the grid or those that have been selected. This could be used to track the communication with the customers as a result of any mailings.
For further information and an example of using the List Manager, see using the List Manager.
Customer Other Actions Menu
Data for mailings can also be exported using the Export/Import option from the Other Actions Menu in the
[ Customer | List ] tab. The companies listed in the
[ Customer | List ] can be filtered for example by Keycode or Company Class and either single or selected companies can be exported. The format of the data being exported cannot be changed and is exported as an XML file.
A data query is written in the
[ Reports ] screen. The advantage of using a report generated from the
[ Reports ] screen is that it can be configured so the results match the user's requirements. The user needs to construct the report using SQL, once the code has been executed it can be exported using the button. For further information see
[ Data Query ]. Reports can be written by Khaos Control Solutions Limited but this requires development. Please email Development for more information.