How To: Journal between Nominal Accounts
- Open the
[ Accounts | Nominal Accounts | Nominal Accounts ]tab.
- Double-click or drag-and-drop on the nominals that you wish to transfer money between into the lower grid or use Quick Journal Entry.
- Enter the credit and debit values in the grid.
- Enter a note into the Note field above the grid for example Opening Balances.
- Press to save to create the journal. + or click
- Credit takes money FROM an account, debit moves money INTO an account.
- It is possible to have multiple credits and a single debit or vice-versa.
Journal Â£100 from your Opening Balance Nominal into your Sterling Bank Nominal (Entering the money into your Khaos Control Sterling Bank Account, for example when creating your opening balances):
|System Opening Balance||100.00|
Paying the wages - money is moved from the Sterling Bank Account and into the different wages nominals.
|Staff Wages - Office||1298.00|
|Staff Wages - Telesales||1116.50|
|Staff Wages - Warehouse||789.77|
|Staff Wages - Accounts||461.11|