How To: Reconcile BrainTree Payments via Import
By creating a BrainTree Bank Account in Khaos Control and downloading your Global-E transactions as a .csv file, reconciling your Global-E transactions can be done quickly and easily.
Performing the BrainTree Reconciliation
- Import the BrainTree file into Excel.
- Save the file as a .csv file, it is then ready to be imported into Khaos Control.
- Open the
[ Accounts | Bank Accounts ]tab.
- Select the BrainTree bank account from the 'Bank Account' drop-down.
- Click on the 'Go' button.
- Press Alt+E or click to enter edit mode.
- Display the drop-down 'Other Actions' menu either by pressing F9 or clicking the down arrow immediately to the right of the green circle with a white cross icon at the top of the button bar.
- Select Import then Match BrainTree CSV Payments...
- Select the import file, the Match BrainTree CSV Payments Dialog appears.
- The system will process each line in the CSV and match on the BrainTree Transaction Order ID which Khaos Control stores as the Ass. Ref. field within the bank account grid. If this matches along with the date and the amount, the system will tick the Recon checkbox. If the Ass.Ref field is blank or N/A, or cannot be matched to, Khaos Control will then attempt to match on the SO Code field instead (this will apply for MOTO transactions).
- By default, the settlement date in the spreadsheet must exactly match the date of the corresponding transaction in Khaos Control. A number of days range can be setup within Khaos Control to allow for differences between the two
- Press Ctrl+S or click to save.
- Finish the bank reconciliation as normal, see How To: Perform a Bank Account Reconciliation.
After you have reconciled you may wish to:
- Journal any fees charged by BrainTree, this can be done is a number of ways, for example:
- If you need an invoice:
- Raise the invoice against your BrainTree supplier, see How To: Enter a single line SP Ledger entry using the BrainTree Fees nominal.
- Pay the supplier from the BrainTree bank account, this should reduce the balance of the BrainTree account.
- If you don't require an invoice post a journal between the BrainTree Fees nominal and the BrainTree Bank account, see How To: Journal between Nominal Accounts.
- If you need an invoice:
- The remaining balance should match the final value transferred by Global-E into your main account and this is the amount you need to journal from the BrainTree account to your current account; your BrainTree bank account balance should then be cleared for that date range.
A dialog will appear after the reconciliation if any items in the file have been skipped. Typical reasons for items being skipped are:
- Order not found in the banked items list (the order number in the .csv file does not match the one in the banked items list).
- The item has either already been reconciled or the dates do not match.
- The item amount does not match.