How To: Set Up Invoice Rules
Invoice Rules determine what area of the Invoice Manager sales orders will go to when they are saved. Invoice Rules work by locating a rule which matches the criteria set and then applying it (see note at the bottom of the page).
To create Invoice Rules
- Open a Sales Invoice Manager screen .
- Display the drop-down 'Other Actions' menu either by pressing green circle with a white cross icon at the top of the button bar. or clicking the down arrow immediately to the right of the
"Edit Invoice Rules..."
- The Invoice Rules dialog will appear.
- Click on the Add New Item button to add a new line to the grid. Change the options to customise your rule. A description of what changes you have made will appear below the grid and is a useful aid to creating Invoice Rules.
Note: the Import and Process Path checkboxes can only be edited by Khaos Control. For assistance, please email Support.
- Add further items to the grid as required. Lines can be deleted using the Delete Item button to the left of the grid.
- Use the up and down arrows to the left of the grid to change the order of the invoice rules.
The screenshot (above) shows five rules which are:
- When value is more than £500.00 and customer belongs to the Retail classification then move into "Manual Hold - Over £500 Retail".
Note: the Invoice will NOT be automatically released once it is held.
- When fulfillment is between 80% and 100% and customer belongs to the Trade classification then release invoice.
- When invoice is due for dispatch in more than 20 days and invoice priority is set to Urgent then release invoice.(4 x 5 day working weeks i.e. not including weekends or non-working days)
- When value is more than £10000.00, invoice is due for dispatch in more than 5 days and customer belongs to the Business classification then release invoice
- When fulfillment is between 40% and 80%, value is more than £1000.00, number of previous invoices is more than 1, invoice has been waiting more than 14 days and customer belongs to the Trade classification then release invoice.