How To: Setup and Use Free Item Reasons
The system allows users to setup free item reasons to allow stock items to be added to a sales order either free or reduced with an appropriate reason listed. In all other cases, the default reason is applied to all sales order items.
- Note: The "Free Reason" column is not visible by default and has to be unhidden via the Configure Grid option in the Grid menu before you can use it.
- Open a System Data screen .
- Double click on
[ Sales Order Processing | Free Item Reasons ].
- Press to enter edit mode. + or click
- Press to add a new item.
- Description: enter the appropriate description.
- Default Reason: check this option to select the reason entered against zero-priced items on orders when the user does not enter a reason.
- Commercial Sample?: option affects how these items are accounted for on EC reports such as Intrastat and the EC Sales List.
- Press to save changes. + or click
Free item reasons may include:
- Normal sale (default)
- Damage replace
- Manager goodwill
- Marketing purposes (e.g. commercial sample)
- Missing parts
- In a sales order enter the free (or reduced price) item.
- In the 'Free Item reason' column on the far right press the key.
- Select the appropriate reason for the item being either free or reduced from the list.
- Continue processing the sales order in the normal way.
The Free Item Reasons can be reported on in
[ Sales Summary | Best Sellers ]. The filter is Free Items - Show orders containing free items with the specified Free Item Reason recorded. The filter allows the user to select the return reason from a drop down list.