Sales Summary - Filter sets
The button found on Sales Summary screens opens the Filter dialog. Filters are used to define which records that match the selected filters will be returned. They act in combination (i.e. a record has to successfully pass through each and every active filter in order to be displayed).
When opened for the first time, the F4 Filter dialog displays a default set of filters for the specific Sales Summary screen. In the example below for the Best Sellers tab, two filters are active:
- Date: filter for stock items on invoices or sales orders in a given date range.
- Pack Items: allows the user to view pack items, pack header, child items or both.
- This filter is the only filter that cannot be removed from the F4 filter popup.
- This filter is only available in the Best Sellers screen.
New filters are added using the long Add a new filter drop down at the top of the dialog. If a set of filters are used regularly then they can be saved and loaded at a later date
More filters can be added, if required, by selecting them from the large drop-down Add a new filter... list box. Any filter can be removed from the list by pressing the small red X button that appears at the top right-hand side of each filter added to the list.
Note: In order to ensure that hidden filters are inactive, you should always reset a filter to its default settings before removing it.
Date filter area
The Date filter (not active on all sales summary tabs) determines which date is used when filtering.
- Issue Date radio button: filters using issue dates (only visible if Issued Only is ticked below).
- Delivery Date radio button: filters using delivery dates.
- Invoice Date radio button: filters using invoice dates (only visible if Issued Only is ticked below).
- Quotation Date radio button: filters using quotation dates (only visible if Quotations is ticked below).
- Order Date radio button: filters using sales order dates (only visible if Sales Orders is ticked below).
The Country filter determines the address used for filtering.
- Customer radio button: filter using the customer address on a sales order.
- Invoice Address radio button: filter using the invoice address on a customers sales order.
- Delivery Address radio button: filter using the delivery address on a customers sales order.
Note: this filter works with Country filter and a Country must be specified for this to work accurately.
This selection determines the Sales Order status used for filtering.
- Issued Only checkbox: limits selection to those Sales Invoices that have been issued. It also enables the Issue Date, Delivery Date, and Invoice Date radio buttons.
Note:Does not display multi-currencies and converts orders in non-base currency to base currency.
- Quotations checkbox: limits selection to those Sales Quotations that have not yet been converted into Sales Orders. It also restricts choice to the Delivery Date and Quotation Date radio buttons.
- Sales Order checkbox: limits selection to Sales Orders and restricts choice to the Delivery Date and Order Date radio buttons.
- Using this option will display multi-currencies.
- If your data was imported then this option will include that information in your results.
- Proformas tri-state checkbox: this option is only available in the Best Sellers, Customers and Invoices screens and will display as follows:
Credit Notes area
Where present, the Credit Notes area allows the user to either:
- Exclude checkbox: exclude credit notes from the results.
- Show Only: only show credit notes from the results.
- Combine checkbox: the balance of credits plus sold stock items.
For examples of its use see How To: Use the Credit Note options in Sales Summary - Filter sets.
Note: the options below only appear on the filter F4 popup in some of the screens:
- Exclude Proforma Orders checkbox: include or exclude pro-forma orders from the results.
Note: this filter is disabled when filtering results by Invoice Issue Date above.
Best Sellers, Customers, Invoices, Keycodes and Sales Source Main screens
- Return Exchanges: this area determines how Return Exchanges are to be treated:
- Exclude checkbox: ticked this will filter the grid so that return exchanges are not shown.
- Show Only checkbox: ticked this will filter the grid so that ONLY return exchanges are shown.
Best Sellers, Customers, Invoices and Keycodes screens
- Delivery Included (Invoices only) checkbox: the delivery charge is included in the totals.
- Contact Level Results checkbox: the results will be at Contact level rather than just for Company level.
- Send Directly to List Manager checkbox: allows the user to add the results into a list in the List Manager.
Note: the list must be setup before this option can be used.
Invoices and Customer screens
- Frequency checkbox ( / traffic light filter): to find the customers who have ordered, or suppliers you have purchased from, more frequently (or more if the adjacent checkbox is ticked), than the amount specified in the adjacent field.
- Convert to GBP (where possible): the system will display the results in GBP using the conversion rate at the time the invoice was posted.
Save a Profile
Profiles can be saved by first selecting the filters required from the "Add a new filter" list and then clicking on "Save" (profiles can be deleted by selecting the appropriate profile from the drop down list and selecting the delete button).
Open a Profile
The drop down menu (located towards the top right of this dialog) allows the user to select a previously saved profile. Clicking on the open icon will then open this profile.