Size Colour Style
- 1 Size Colour Style Overview
- 2 Size Colour Style Dialog
- 3 See Also
|Size Colour Style is an Advanced User feature.|
Size Colour Style Overview
The Size Colour Style dialog allows users to quickly set up a group of related stock items around a flexible template of defined elements based on a specific stock item. A typical SCS example is clothing. A clothing item could be sold in various materials (e.g. Silk, Satin, Cotton), each could have multiple sizes (e.g. S, M, L, XL) and each size a variety of colours (e.g. Black, White, Red). To set up each individual stock item would prove time consuming, however, the SCS functionality in Khaos Control enables users to define a template based on a stock item (the parent item) that is comprised of a number of different 'Elements' â€“ using the above example these would be named: material, size and colour. For the list of how to use the Size Colour Style dialog please see the Size Colour Style How Tos.
- The Size Colour Style (SCS) dialog is loaded from the button at the bottom of the
[ Stock | Detail | Properties ]screen.
- Or by focusing on the SCS Parent item in the
[Stock | List]Context Menu -
- The parent stock item must NOT be stock controlled.
- Spaces at the start and end of SCS Element Codes and Descriptions will be removed.
- Duplicates are not allowed; SCS descriptions and element codes must be unique.
It is possible to restrict the options available for the user to select from when creating the SCS items, see:
The Size Colour Style dialog is changed to reflect this option, see the image below.
Size Colour Style Dialog
Standard Size Colour Style Dialog
Restrict Values Size Colour Style Dialog
- The Element caption drop down lists
- The Edit Grids checkbox.
The Size Colour Style Screen is divided up into the following areas:
- Parent Item and Profile Management buttons
- Format Examples Area
- Element Set-up
- Stock Generation
- Parent Item: automatically inserts the parent stock code that the child stock code ($SKCODE$) will be based on.
- button: profiles for parent stock items that do not have any child items associated with them (see How To: Delete SCS Child Items) may be deleted.
Note: deleting a profile is only possible before the child stock items are used in Khaos Control, see How To: Delete an SCS Profile.
- button: create a SCS profile from an existing SCS parent item, for example when an operation is setting up a range of SCS items that have the same, or similar Elements, see How To: Copy an SCS Profile.
- button: used when creating SCS element profiles but not creating the SCS stock items.
Format Examples Area
- Stock Code: the format used to create the child stock code.
- Short Desc: the format used to create the child stock short description.
- Long Desc: any description entered here will populate the child Long Description in their
[ Stock | Detail | Telesales/Internet ]screen.
- button: will display example Stock Codes and Short Description formats in the adjacent Stock Code and Stock Desc fields.
Note: Format Examples uses the format $SKCODE$-$E1$-$E2$-$E3$ for the code where $SKCODE$ uses the parent stock code and $E1$ is element 1, $E2$ is element 2 etc. Likewise $DESC$ $E1$ / $E2$ / $E3$ for the stock short description where $DESC$ uses the parent short description and $E1$ is element 1, $E2$ is element 2 etc. The default can be setup in System Values, see SCS Item Example Codes for more information.
- button: reveals the Stock Generation area (see below).
- Edit Grids checkbox (Restrict Values option enabled): allows users with Admin permission to edit the grid Value and SK columns.
- button: automatically populates the buffer values to each of the elements.
- Element Buffer windows: the element buffer windows hold the element stock values that are used to populate the elements.
- button: to select all of the items in the Element Buffer window (or select some of the items by using + ).
- button: to populates the Element window below with the selected elements in the adjacent Element Buffer window.
- Element Grids:
- Value: the value that will replace the $E#$ in the stock short description.
- Reorder% (only in Element 1): the percentage for the child item of the stock reorder level of the parent item. For example, if the parent item had a reorder level of 90 and the child is set to 50%, the actual reorder quantity on the purchase order for the child would be 45.
Note: the child items will display the reorder quantity that is listed against the parent.
- SK: the value that will replace the $E#$ in the stock code.
- : adds an entry to the above grid or if the (Restrict Values option) is enabled then the user will select from the list that is displayed, see How To: Use SCS Element Values.
- : deletes the currently focused on entry from the above grid.
- Caption: this can either be entered manually or if the (Restrict Values option) is enabled then the user will select from the drop-down list.
Element Grids Context Menu
- Delete Element: deletes all the items in the element.
Note: once a stock item in the element has been used, for example on a sales or purchase order, it can't be deleted.
- Delete Stock Item: deletes the currently focused on entry from the above grid.
Note: once a stock item has been used, for example on a sales or purchase order, it can't be deleted.
- Break Association: if a stock item has been linked to an SCS child item, the association can be deleted, see How To: Remove Child Items Associated with a Parent Stock Item.
- Create Association: allows a value to be associated with an existing stock item, see How To: Link Existing Stock Items to a New Parent SCS Item.
- Apply Value Range: allows the user to specify a value that is to be applied to all of the currently selected rows/items for the current column.
- Clear Selection: deselects the currently selected line(s).
- button: generates the Child Items based on the profile created.
- : removes the link to the parent item but leaves the stock items, see How To: Remove the Link between the SCS Parent and Child Stock Items.
- : removes all links and deletes the stock items, see How To: Delete SCS Child Stock Items.
Note: deleting SCS child stock items can only be used to correct problems found immediately after generating the child stock items; it is not possible to delete a stock item once it has been used in Khaos Control for example if it has been used on a sales order.
- Update Child Stock Items: will iterate through the tree but only update child items which ALREADY exist with changes made to the parent item:
- Stock Code and Short Desc only (default): only update the stock codes and short descriptions based on the SCS template & variables, $E1$ etc...
- Stock Code, Short and Long Desc only: only update the stock codes and long and short descriptions based on the SCS template & variables, $E1$ etc...
- All data (like on Generate): the stock code/description PLUS copies fields from the parent item like buy price, sell price (the same as when creating new items).
- : after selecting the appropriate radio button above use this button to update the stock items.