Common eBay Errors - Missing Surname
| ||Importing XML files is an Advanced User feature.|
The 'Missing Surname' error will be populated when the XML file, which includes the order to be imported, does not include the surname against the order. This is because the surname is a mandatory field and Khaos Control cannot import the order without it. This can usually be found when running the combined import error report which should be stored within your reports section in Khaos Control.
Identifying the error
The error message below will show in the combined import error report:
Invalid address/contact data Missing mandatory contact fields: Surname
Fixing the error
- Find the XML import file which includes the sales order which has failed. To do this you will need to run the SQL below in the Data Query section of Khaos Control:
select * from sorder_import_log where associated_ref = 'EB****-*****'
- Replace the associated reference above with the correct one which is relevant to your order. This will give you the file location which is usually K:\keystone software\import\eBay\Failed123.
- Open the XML file in notepad and find the
<Isurname></Isurname>tag, if you can get the surname from the email address then use that, but generally inputting empty as the surname will suffice.
Importing the file again
- Take note of the name of the file for example Failed123.xml.
- Open a Web Configuration screen .
- Open the
[ Stock | Channel Listings | Listings ]screen.
- Click the button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Import orders from file | Import eBay orders from file from the menu, see the above image.
- Find and double click on the Failed123.xml file to import it.
- Once the import has been processed Khaos Control will display the message Operation completed.
Finding the Sales Order
- The Sales Order number can be found by searching for the customer. The quickest method is to use the email address located in the XML file and use the Email filter in the Customer List screen.
- Load the customer once you have located them.
- Open their
[ Customer Service | Sales Orders / Invoices ]screen.
- The combined import errors report and the entry for this associated reference will have been removed.