How To: Process a Direct exchange/or value of exchange equal to return
The following procedure describes how to process a direct exchange, or return where the value of the exchange is the same as the return:
- Create a new return or load an existing return:
- Find and open the relevant Return.
- Click the button.
- Click the button in the Credit Note pane.
- Click the button in the Exchange Note pane.
- A dialog box will open confirming that you wish to assign the credit note to the exchange note, click 'Yes'.
- To mark the Return as complete i.e. Once the Exchange Note has been dispatched. Click the button.
- In order for extended descriptions to be copied over to the new credit note, you must tick the Copy Extended Description checkbox from the returns screen before clicking the button.
- It is possible to batch process customer returns where items being returned on the Return are equal to the original Sales Order items (i.e. all items on the Sales Order are being returned and a full refund is required), see How To: Batch Process Customer Returns from the Sales Invoice Manager.