How To: Create a Sales Return for an item that has been incorrectly picked
Where an incorrect stock item has been sent out to the customer as a result of an incorrect pick, the system has adjusted the stock level of the item on the sales order. This means that if you were to carry out a stock take the stock levels for the stock item listed on the invoice will be up and the item incorrectly sent out will be down.
To rectify this a direct exchange return needs to be created from the original sales order.
- Open a Sales Order screen .
- Find and open the Sales Order which contains the item to be returned.
- Select the item lines which are to be returned.
- Click on the button.
- Click Yes to the create return for selected item(s) dialog box.
- Type the quantities for the goods to be returned into the upper grid.
- Enter the Return Reason using the
Note: this must have a processing type of Return to Stock.
for example Incorrect Pick.
- Click on the down arrow to the top left of the bottom grid as the return is being treated as a direct exchange.
- In the information popup click on Yes.
- Use the check boxes to credit the original delivery, and/or charge delivery on the exchange as required.
- Check the Move Stock On Process check box if required:
- If ticked the levels of the stock being returned and any stock being sent out will be adjusted when the Process into Credit/Exchange button is pressed.
- If not ticked the levels of the stock being returned and any stock being sent out will be adjusted when the return is issued.
- Check the invoice address is correct by moving to the Invoicing tab.
- Check the delivery address is correct by moving to the Delivery tab.
- If using extended descriptions then tick the Copy Extended Descriptions checkbox.
- Add Notes, if required, in the Notes tab.
- Press to save the Sales Return + or click
- It is useful to add an extended description or Note on the
[ Notes ]tab mentioned the incorrectly picked item they will be returning or writing off (assuming it is not worth being returned due to it being too low value or perishable).
- If the item sent out incorrectly is not being returned, then either adjust it out (see How To: Adjust Stock Levels for a Single Item) or write it off (see How To: Write Off Quarantined Stock Items) with the appropriate reasons. To help tracking ensure that all staff handling returns use the same procedure.
To complete the processing of the exchange:
- Click the button.
- Click the button in the Credit Note pane.
- Click the button in the Exchange Note pane.
- A dialog box will open confirming that you wish to assign the credit note to the exchange note, click 'Yes'.
- To mark the Return as complete i.e. Once the Exchange Note has been dispatched. Click the button.