How To: Use Lost Demand Reasons
Lost Demand Reasons forces a user to select a predefined reason when Lost Demanding an item in a sales order. In order to use Lost Demand Reasons you need to configure the system:
[ System Values | Sales - Order Display | General ]tick the option Use Structured Lost Demand Reasons.
[ System Data | Sales Order Processing | Lost Demand Reasons ]add the reasons why an item might be Lost Demanded.
To use the reasons set up above:
- Create a new sales order as described in How To: Create a New Sales Order or open an existing sales order that requires an item to be marked as Lost Demand.
- Focus on the item line or select lines of stock items that are to be marked as Lost Demand.
- Make sure you are in edit mode. Press to enter edit mode. + or click
- Click on the button.
- Select the reason for the Lost Demand from the dropdown.
- Acknowledge the the Lost Demand by clicking on the yellow triangle.
- Click OK to mark the item(s) as Lost Demand and remove them from the sales order.
- Press to save. + or click
To report on the reasons why items might be Lost Demanded, see Report on Lost Demand items.