System Data Sites
Khaos Control is able to support multiple sites with stock being controlled against a particular site, see How To: Use Sites. The
[ System Data | Stock | Sites ] screen contains a list of the sites, see How To: Create a Site. Once a site is created, a stock control register will be created for the new site. When raising a purchase order or a sales order the site will default to the one that is linked to the user, although this can be overridden if required. Setting the site indicates to the system which site should be affected by stock movements either in or out. For example, if two purchase orders were raised and each ordered ten desks for different sites, the system would register that each site has ten desks on order. When you look at the stock screen you are viewing the stock levels for the current site (except in stock movements, which shows transactions for all sites). Sites can be created to hold bulk stock or to hold stock items that are used for demonstrations and will never be sold but have a value.
- Site Description: the name of the site.
- Contact: the main contact at the site.
- Address: the site address.
- Tel: main telephone number at the site.
- Fax: the fax number for the site.
- Country country in which the site is located. : the
- Monthly Max PO: limits the monthly maximum purchase order value to less than the amount entered here. If this field is left as the default (0.00) then the site is not affected by a limit. Users can override the limit by entering an Admin Password ('Override Maximum Monthly Purchase Limit' setup in System Data).
Sites Context Menu
- Choose Colour: sets the background colour of the Site name in the status bar to make it easier to see which site you are working in.
- Clear Colour: remove the background colour and set it back to default.
- Edit Delivery Address: opens the Site PO Delivery Address dialog enabling the address to be edited. Once this method has been used then the address can't be edited in the grid but can only be edited by using this dialog.
- Apply Value Range: allows the user to specify a value that is to be applied to all of the currently selected rows/items for the current column.
- Clear Selection: deselects the currently selected line(s).