How To: Associate a Courier Service with a Customer Class
|Configuring Courier Services and Delivery Charges is an Advanced User feature.
It is possible to associate a specific courier service with a company class, so that deliveries to customers in that company class will automatically use the associated courier service on sales orders, depending on the conditions setup. This may be useful, for example, where you always use your own vehicle to deliver to customers located within 5 miles of your base. It could also be used to force the use of a dummy courier service termed "Customer's own transport" for those customers who make their own arrangements for collecting goods from your premises.
- Open a System Data screen .
- Go to
[ Sales Order Processing | Courier Banding ].
- Press + or click to enter edit mode.
- Press to add a new item. or click
- Enter the courier banding selection criteria in the relevant columns.
- Use the 'Company Class' column's drop-down list to select a company class to trigger the courier band.
- Press to save the new courier band. + or click
Note: if a company class is not set against the courier banding, the courier banding will trigger for all company classes.