How To: Charge a Customer Gross Prices if they don't pay Tax
For countries where VAT is not applicable, the sales order price can be artificially increased to what the gross amount would be if VAT was being charged. The benefits are that there is a better margin on stock items by keeping the gross price the same and pocketing the vat amount. You can use this post-Brexit to charge the EU customers the same price as if VAT was included in the sell price of goods.
When this option is enabled, it will apply to all members of that Company Class.
- Open a System Data screen .
[ Company | Company Classes ].
- Press + or click to enter edit mode.
- Tick the Inflate Prices checkbox to the right of the grid.
Note: As this option is to the far right it is a good idea to green-select the row to make sure you have selected the right Company Class.
- Press to save.
- This will NOT included in the web service export.
- We recommend the use of this option, for example with Amazon imports for Jersey sales orders, so payment amounts match.