How To: Create a Drop Ship Stock Item
A drop-ship item will not have stock assigned to it and will go into the Backorder lists even if there is stock available.
To create a drop-ship stock item:
- Open a Stock screen .
- Create a new item of stock or use an existing item. The stock item should have all the buy and sell prices set up.
- Go to the
[ Stock | Detail | Options ]tab.
- Check the checkbox by Drop-ship item.
- See note below for information about stock controlling drop-ship items.
- Press to save. + or click
- A drop-ship stock item is treated differently depending whether or not it is stock controlled:
- Stock Controlled drop-ship item - the sales order goes into Awaiting Stock and the invoice is £0.00. This will wait here until the stock items are booked into stock even though they are 'virtual' for example if the supplier informs you that the goods have been despatched. The sales order is then processed and the invoice has the correct amount listed.
- Non-Stock Controlled drop-ship item - the sales order goes into released and has the appropriate price listed on the invoice. The sales order can be processed but will have zero amount of stock assigned.
- Drop-ship stock items will appear in the Deferred Cost of Sales report regardless of whether they are stock controlled or non-stock controlled.