How To: Create New Labels Based on the Stock Default Label
Stock labels can be created which are automatically used without the user being prompted for which layout to use every time they print labels. New labels can be based on the stock label template.
- If you wish to create a range of stock labels so the user is prompted for which template to use whenever labels are printed then the STOCK LABELS must be renamed.
- Stock labels cannot be printed on the Elton/Zebra LP 2844 printer as it needs specific commands (according to the product's brochure this means using the ZPL II Zebra Programming Language) in order for it to print text and graphics in specific positions, such as Khaos Control does when printing courier labels.
- Stock lables can also be setup using Basic Reports, see How To: Create Basic Report Stock Labels, this allows more configurable options.
- Open the Label Setup screen screen .
[ Label Setup | List ]screen click on the Go button.
Note: you will need to rename the STOCK LABELS so the user is able to select the type of label to print, see How To: Rename Existing Labels .
- Press + or click .
- In the
[ Label Setup | Detail ]screen enter the description of the label in the Description field at the top. This will be seen by the user when selecting the label template to use.
- Click on the button, this button will set all the values to the default stock label values which are:
- Left Margin = 10
- Top Margin = 13
- Column Inc = 95
- Row Inc = 33
- Columns = 3
- Rows = 8
- Font = Arial size 10
- Stock Label: stock code and description, barcode and sell price.
- The other options can be amended as required for example adding an image or changing the font, see How To: Create Stock Labels.
- Press to save. + or click