How to: Design your own Stock Labels
|Designing Basic Reports Stock Labels is an Advanced User feature.
Note For a complete overview see Basic Reports Labels Setup.
Design a Basic Label
- Navigate to
[ System Operations | Basic Report Labels Setup ]to open the Basic Report Labels Setup dialog.
- Double-click on Label: Stock in the Labels Category List grid.
- Click the New Design button.
Note: if you wish to include Stock UDAs in the labels design, tick the Allow Stock UDAs checkbox in the Report Settings area.
- If you are using Brands, ensure that the correct Brand is selected.
- Click the to open the Report Builder Designer.
The most common functions used for creating labels in Report Builder Designer are:
- : the Label button is used to display a text field of the users choosing, for example, "Stock Description".
- : the Database Text button is used to display information held within the Khaos Control database. For example, the actual stock description from the stock item record.
Note: when the database text object has been placed onto the report, the user can specify the database field in the Object Inspector:
- : the Barcode button is used to display the stock item's barcode.
Note: when the barcode object has been placed into the report, the user can specify the barcode type in the Object Inspector:
Example of a Basic Stock Label
- To manipulate label size/orientation, page size/orientation, columns etc. see Basic Reports Labels - Page Setup
- To add the picking location see How To: Add Picking Location to Basic Report Stock Labels.
- Report Builder
- How To: Display a field on a Basic Report
- How To: Create Stock Labels
- Basic Reports Builder Designer
- How To: Use Pricelists on Labels