How To: Add Postage Surcharge per Stock Item in a Sales Order
It is possible for the system to add a postage surcharge per stock item line in a sales order. It will be added to the existing delivery charge as a Gross value, whereas when setting them up they are displayed as Net.
Note: the Maximum Extra Postage Surcharge (Net) configured in
[ System Values | Sales | Delivery ] allows you to set a maximum amount that can be added to a sales order in surcharges.
- Open a System Data screen .
- Open the Stock Delivery Surcharges screen in System Data
- Press to enter edit mode. + or click
- Press to add a new item. or click
- Enter the Net surcharge for the individual item in the Price (Net) column, this will be multiplied by the quantity of the item and added to the final delivery charge.
- In the Max Price (Net) column, set the maximum amount that the surcharge should multiply to. For instance, if an item has a Price (Net) value of 2.00 and the Max Price (Net) is 6.00 then if three or more of these items are added to a sales order it will only ever reach a 6.00 surcharge for this item.
- Repeat as required for all items incurring a surcharge.
- Press to save once all items have been configured + or click
Sales Order Grid Configuration
- Open a Sales Order screen .
- Open the
[ Sales Order | Detail ]screen.
- Open the grid menu .
- Select Configure Grid.
- Scroll to the right in the grid.
- Untick the Hide checkbox for Unit the Postage (Net) column.
- Untick the Hide checkbox for the Extra Postage (Net) column.
- Click OK.
- Create a sales order as normal.
- If any of the items from the Extra Postage table are added to a sales order, the surcharge will automatically be added to Delivery amount.
Note: if the Amount of surcharges against separate item lines reaches the value set in
[ System Values | Sales | Delivery ]then it will be capped at this amount.