How To: Create a Return from a Customer Record
- Open a Customer screen .
- Load the required customer record.
- Open the
[ Customer | Detail | Customer Service | Product Analysis ]tab.
- Use the filters for example date range, stock type or stock code to find the item or items to be returned.
- Green select the item, or items, to be returned.
- Click on the button.
- Click Yes to the create return for selected item(s) dialog box.
- Type the quantities for the goods to be returned into the upper grid.
- Enter a Return Reason using the look up for each return line.
- If required, the default processing type can be changed using the lookup in the Processing Type column.
- If the item is to be returned directly to the supplier, select the Set Supplier button and set the supplier.
- Items being sent out to the customer are added into the lower grid:
- If the item is a direct exchange click on the down arrow, click on Yes.
- If the item is to be exchanged for an alternative item, click on the check box on the left hand side of the lower grid and use
Note: if no exchange item is required, leave the lower grid empty. to open the Stock LookUp dialog box. Select the exchange items required.
- Check the Move Stock On Process check box if required:
- If ticked the levels of the stock being returned will be adjusted, as specified by the Return Reason, when the Process into Credit/Exchange button is pressed.
- If not ticked the the levels of the stock being returned will be adjusted, as specified by the Return Reason, when the return is issued.
- Tick the Credit Original Delivery checkbox if the original delivery charge is to be credited to customer.
- Tick the Charge Delivery on Exchange checkbox if the customer is being charged for the items being sent out to them.
- Tick the Copy Extended Descriptions checkbox if you want the extended descriptions to be copied over to the new credit note.
- Check the invoice address is correct by moving to the Invoicing tab.
- Check the delivery address is correct by moving to the Delivery tab.
- Add Notes, if required, in the Notes tab.
- Press to save the Sales Return. + or click
- Please refer to the notes on returns and refunds for further information about using Refunds.
- To preserve the original sell price and discounts for direct exchanges the sales order items must be moved from the upper grid to the lower grid using the direct exchange button .