How To: Obtain and Enter Channel Specific Values for Shopify
Obtaining Channel Specific Values for Shopify
- Log in to your Shopify Account.
- Click the Apps button at the bottom of the main menu.
- Click the View private apps button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click the Generate API credentials button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Enter a description and define the permissions as follows:
- Private app name: this should be something that helps you recognise the integration in Shopify in the future, for example Khaos Control.
- Customer details and customer groups: set to Read and write.
- Orders, transactions and fulfilment: set to Read and write.
- Products, variants and collections: set to Read and write.
- Inventory: set to Read and write.
- Fulfilment Services: set to Read and write.
- Click the Save button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
Note: an API Credentials Saved message will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the Private Apps screen by clicking on the
Apps / Private apps / Generate API credentialslink at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Private App Name for the private app that you have just created. Shopify will display the authentication details and current settings for the Khaos Control App that you haev created.
- Copy the Password to a secure location.
- Copy the Example URL to a secure location.
Note: you only need to copy an element of the Example URL from the @ symbol to the next /, for example the-best-company.myshopify.com.
- Click the Cancel button or use the menu to exit the screen.
Entering Channel Specific Values for Shopify into Khaos Control
- Open a Channels screen .
- Click the GO button.
- Double-click on the Shopify channel you wish to configure.
- Press to enter edit mode. + or click
- Ensure that Don't import orders is ticked (see the channels import options for more details).
- Enter the Example URL for your Shopify channel into the Shopify URL field.
- Enter the Password for your Shopify channel into the Shop Access Token field.
- Tick or untick the Download POS Orders option as appropriate.
- This setting determines whether Point of Sale (POS) transactions placed on your Shopify channel will be imported into Khaos Control.
- If this option is ticked, POS transactions will be imported into Khaos Control as standard sales orders and will need to be processed through Sales Invoice Manager.
- If this option is unticked, the assumption is that you manage your stock levels for your POS transactions independently of Khaos Control and as such the orders do not need to be imported into the system.
- Press to save. + or click