How To: Reconcile Shopify Payments via Import
By creating a Shopify Bank Account in Khaos Control and downloading your Shopify transactions as a .csv file, reconciling your Shopify transactions can be done quickly and easily.
Performing the Shopify Reconciliation
- Import the Shopify file into Excel.
- Save the file as a .csv file, it is then ready to be imported into Khaos Control.
- Open the
[ Accounts | Bank Accounts ]tab.
- Select the Shopify bank account from the 'Bank Account' drop-down.
- Click on the 'Go' button.
- Press + or click to enter edit mode.
- Display the drop-down 'Other Actions' menu either by pressing or clicking the down arrow immediately to the right of the green circle with a white cross icon at the top of the button bar.
- Select Import then Match Shopify CSV Payments...
- Select the import file, the Match Shopify CSV Payments Dialog appears.
- The system will process each line in the CSV and match on the Shopify Order Number which Khaos Control stores as the Ass. Ref. field within the bank account grid. If this matches along with the date and the amount, the system will tick the Recon checkbox.
- The Shopify Order Number in the .csv file is expected to be in the format #xxxx where xxxx is the order number. For example an Ass. Ref. of 'Shop1077' would be #1077 in the .csv file.
- Press to save. + or click
- Finish the bank reconciliation as normal, see How To: Perform a Bank Account Reconciliation.
After you have reconciled you may wish to:
- Journal any fees charged by Shopify, this can be done is a number of ways, for example:
- If you need an invoice:
- Raise the invoice against your Shopify supplier, see How To: Enter a single line SP Ledger entry using the Shopify Fees nominal.
- Pay the supplier from the Shopify bank account, this should reduce the balance of the Shopify account.
- If you don't require an invoice post a journal between the Shopify Fees nominal and the Shopify Bank account, see How To: Journal between Nominal Accounts.
- If you need an invoice:
- The remaining balance should match the final value transferred by Shopify into your main account and this is the amount you need to journal from the Shopify account to your current account; your Shopify bank account balance should then be cleared for that date range.
A dialog will appear after the reconciliation if any items in the file have been skipped. Typical reasons for items being skipped are:
- Order not found in the banked items list (the order number in the .csv file does not match the one in the banked items list)
- The item has either already been reconciled or the dates do not match.
- The item amount does not match.