New Purchase Order Import Tool
In order to import purchase orders into Khaos Control, there are specific naming conventions and formats that must be followed so that the system recognises them and therefore the information is imported correctly. If you're not sure what field to use, please email Development.
- Make sure that the data you want to import is correct. As this may come from another database, you need to ensure that you validate it before attempting to import.
- If there is information in the file that is irrelevant and is not a required field, then you can delete it.
- Excel will strip leading zeros from numeric stock codes and barcodes, so please ensure that you take appropriate formatting steps if you have any leading zeros in these fields.
- Your import file must be saved as TSV.
- When creating the import file in Excel, a blank line is added at the bottom. You can open the file with Notepad and amend or import as is. The line will be skipped and the rest of the stock items will be imported.
Once a purchase order file has been created it can be imported into Khaos Control.
- Open a Purchase Order screen .
- Press to open the 'Other Actions' menu. or clicking the down arrow immediately to the right of the
- Select Import > Import Purchase Order TSV.
- Select the Purchase Order import file and press OK.
If there are no errors, then the purchase order will have been imported into Khaos Control.