Grid Configuration allows you to customise the grids in Khaos Control in the following ways:
- Hiding Columns.
- Re-positioning Columns
- Making Columns Read-only.
Grid Configuration is an Admin-only function and grids can be configured by individual user or by user profile.
The dialog for configuring grids,
Grid Profiles is accessed from the grid menu by clicking on 'Configure Grid'.
The dialog consists of:
- Edit Profile For: here you can select whether the grid profile is to be applied to the current user or users belonging to a specified user profile.
- Reset to Profile: when this button is clicked, the grid profile will reset to the grid profile specified for the current user's user profile.
- Reset to Default: when this button is clicked, the grid profile will reset to the system default.
- Grid Area: shows the columns from the grid currently being viewed in Khaos Control. Columns can be selected here for configuration.
- --Heading = This column is currently hidden: the column is by default not usually hidden, but has been hidden, for example if you hide URN it would appear in the popup as --URN.
- --Heading[HD] = This column is hidden by default: the column is by default not usually hidden, but has been hidden, for example if --Full Value[HD] is normally hidden, but then unhidden it will appear as Full Value[HD].
Note: Hiding or unhiding a column doesn't change this until the dialog is closed down and then opened up again.
- Hide Column: this checkbox is used to hide columns selected in the Grid Area.
- Make read-only: this checkbox is used to make columns selected in the Grid Area read-only .
- Width: allows the column widths to be specified to different default values. This setting will remain even after the screen has been closed and reopened.
- The width is relative to space available and other column widths. This means that widths will not be exact but will be proportional to other columns.
- Manually changing the width of a column in the grid by dragging it will not update the width in the Configure Grid dialog.
- Widths will not change automatically to fit content in the columns, if content exceeds the current width, a new width will need to be set in the Configure Grid dialog.
When a user's grid has been configured, it will load with an orange background in the grid header to make it clear that the grid has been modified:
More information about how to use Grid Configuration can be found on the following pages:
- How To: Hide Columns in a Grid
- How To: Un-hide Columns in a Grid
- How To: Make Grid Columns Read-Only
- How To: Re-Position Columns in a Grid