How To: Prevent a Sales Order from moving past the Shipping Stage without a Consignment Reference
A Courier Service can be configured so that it prevents Sales Invoices from being moved into the next stage after
[ Shipping ] in the Sales Invoice Manager either manually or automatically, if there is no Consignment Reference. The Sales Invoice will not be moved if:
- The invoice does not have a consignment ref, and does not have any boxes, or
- The invoice has boxes, but the boxes do not have a consignment ref and neither does the invoice.
Note: even if an order has been marked as shipped and does not have a consignment reference, which is required by the courier attached to the invoice, it cannot be moved.
- Open a System Data screen .
- Configure your courier, see How To: Configure Courier Services and Delivery Rates for more information.
- Right-click on the courier and select Configure.
- In the Courier Options dialog, tick the Requires Consignment Ref option.
- Click OK.
- Press to save the courier when you have completed the setup. + or click