How To: Process Part Credit Account Sales Orders
Remainder on A/C should be used when the payment amount is LESS than the order total, this will allow the user to process the order as if the payment amount was the same as the order total i.e No warnings or exceptions.
Note: Credit card exceptions will still be shown i.e Not Authorised.
- Open a Sales Order screen .
- Either create a new sales order or locate an existing sales order.
Note: to edit an existing sales order, it must be in an editable stage of the
[ Sales Invoice Manager ].
[ Sales Order | Detail | Payment ]tab.
- Press + or click to enter edit mode.
- Tick the Manual Payments checkbox and click on OK in the popup.
- Enter the initial payment using the payment options:
- Cash: for cash payments;
- Chq: for cheque payments.
- Card: for Credit Card payments.
- Vch: for vouchers.
- Stm't: Statement for using Credit Notes.
Note: see How To: Enter Payment Details on a Sales Order for more details about using the different payment options.
- Enter the part-payment amount.
- Tick the Remainder on A/C checkbox and enter REMAINDER in the popup.
Note: the user must have permission to tick this option in
[ System Data | Others | Users ]by unticking the option Restrict A/C Pay.
- Press to save the sales order. + or click