System Data Customer Return Reasons
The Return Reasons and their respective Processing Types (which are used when creating a customer return) are set up in this screen, see How To: Configure Return Reasons. Reports can be printed to view items being returned by Return Reason, see How To: Report on Returns. A number of default Return Reasons and processing types hare supplied by default and can be amended to suit your individual business requirements.
Return Reasons Grid
- Return Reason: the description of the Return Reason that the user is able to select when creating a customer return, for example "Damaged" or "Wrong size", see How To: Configure Return Reasons.
- Processing Type: what the system will do with the stock when, or if, it is returned. See Processing Types below for the list of options and an explanation of what the system will do with the stock.
- Default checkbox: the default reason selected when creating a new return. This can be changed to the most suitable option by the user when creating the customer return by using the key.
Note: only one option should be ticked.
- EPOS checkbox: the reason used by the Khaos Control EPOS System.
Note: only one option should be ticked.
- Hide checkbox: if ticked, the associated Return Reason will be hidden from the customer return, preventing it's use. lookup in the
Return Reasons Grid Context Menu
- Apply Value Range: allows the user to specify a value that is to be applied to all of the currently selected rows/items for the current column.
- Clear Selection: deselects the currently selected line(s).
- Return to Stock: when a return is processed for a stock item with this reason, the quantity of the item being returned will be placed back into stock so it is available to be sold again. This reason would normally be chosen if nothing is wrong with the item, for example the customer changed their mind and has sent it back.
- Return to Supplier: if selected the user must select a supplier and the system will create a supplier return, see How To: Create a Return to a Supplier from a Customer Return.
- Quarantine: the stock item will be placed into Quarantine, for example if the quality or condition of the item is in question, or if the customer is returning the item because it was damaged. This is followed up by either writing the item off if it is damaged beyond repair or putting back into stock if it is deemed suitable for resale.
- Stock Missing: the quantity of stock specified will be written off. This reason would normally be chosen if the item was never received or damaged beyond repair and not worth sending back.
- Missing stock is written off simply by crediting the customer with the value of returned goods, then debiting the "Sales" nominal (and debiting, where appropriate, the "Tax on Sales" nominal) and crediting the "Debtors" nominal. No reversal of 'Cost of Sale' will be calculated as the stock has not been put back into Stock.
- Stock written-off in this manner does not appear in the Stock Write Off Report, nor is its value included in the "Stock Written Off" nominal.
- Return to Stock/Place in Primary Pick: used in conjunction with Warehouse Location Control. The quantity of stock being returned will be placed initially in the Warehouse CRETURN bay. A Warehouse Group Movement will also be created and all subsequent returns of this reason type will be added to it until it is processed. When the Group Movement is processed, all stock will be moved from the CRETURN bay to its Primary Pick location. This will be determined by the first one the system finds which is determined by a alpha numerical sort, for example stock will be moved to location '1' or 'A' instead of '9' or 'Z'. This option can only be used if Warehouse Location Control is enabled.
Note: the following options must be enabled before they are available to use, please email Support:
- The CRETURN location can be used with sites with the CRETURN location in the site against which the items are being returned to, for example If the site against a return is Head Office then this option will have the system check Head Office for a CRETURN location.
- The system can use the CRETURN location to pick from. If this is enabled then the TType must be set to Primary Pick.