How To: Create New Retail Customer
- Open a Customer screen .
- Press Ctrl+N or click .
- If you are a licensed KPAF (Keystone Postcode Address File) user, click the postcode lookup button or press the F4 key.
- Type the postcode in the Search box and press Enter.
- Type the house number in the # box and click OK.
Note: The address is automatically entered in to the new customer dialog box.
- Enter the following details in the relevant fields (the field names below that are in bold are compulsory or have a system selected default):
- The URN (Unique Reference Number) is the next sequential number generated by KhaosControl. The URN can be entered manually (by typing over the suggested value) or left as the next default number.
- Enter the customer's title, forename and surname.
Note: Enter a single full-stop "." into the surname field if you intend Khaos Control to treat is as being (empty).
- If you have not purchased KPAF, you will need to manually enter the address including the postcode in the relevant fields.
Note: Address Line 1, Town and Postcode are mandatory fields. Enter a single full-stop "." into any of these three fields if you intend Khaos Control to treat it as being (empty).
- Enter the customer's mobile phone number.
- Enter the customer's telephone number. This is not a mandatory field but, if left blank, Khaos Control will warn you that no telephone number has been entered when creating the customer.
- Enter the customer's fax number.
- Enter the customer's email address.
Note: the system will check that the email address is valid i.e. it contains no spaces and has the correct syntax [TEXT]@[TEXT].[TEXT].
- Select the customer's trading country from the drop-down list.
- Select the customer's class as Retail from the drop-down list.
- Select the customer's type from the drop-down list.
- Select the mailing type for the customer (e.g. our use and no 3rd parties) from the drop-down list.
- If the customer quotes a Keycode, select the required Source Keycode from the drop-down list.
Note: Whilst the system will allow a Source Keycode to be added that does not match the Company Class, the keycode will not be applied to any new Sales Orders.
- To add the customer to a price list, select the required price list from the drop-down list.
- Tick the "Mailing List" checkbox if you wish to add the customer to the email subscribers list. This will tick the "E-Mailing List Subscriber" checkbox in the
[ Customer | Detail | Address ]tab.
Note: Running the
[ File | Health Check ]will allow you to find all customer/suppliers that have blank email addresses and the "E-Mailing List Subscriber" ticked.
- Click on "OK" to save the record.
- Trailing spaces are trimmed on contact and address fields when the new record is saved.
- The system will prompt you if you've not added either a mobile or telephone number.