How To: Create a new Shopify Channel
Channel Listings associated pages Channel Listings Overview Channel Listings "How To"
Khaos Control Setup
- Type chan into the command window .
- Press Ctrl+N or click . (This is found in the Menu Bar at the top of the screen)
- Select Shopify from the dropdown menu and press OK.
- Enter the Channel name, and set the import options accordingly.
- Enter the following details to link Khaos Control to your Shopify channel:
- Shopify URL
- Shop Access Token
- The following option is for Shopify channels only:
- Download POS Orders: This controls whether or not the system will download orders created via the Shopify EPOS gateway, and how it does so. Using the dropdown, it's possible to select whether to import the orders using generic customer details or specific customer details (if captured at the point of sale).
- Configure the Channel Specific Values within the
[ Channel | Detail | Setup ]tab.
- Press Ctrl+S or click to save.
The following steps enable you to link your Shopify channel in Khaos Control to your Shopify seller account.
Accessing your Shopify URL and Access Token
NOTE THAT THIS INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGES BY SHOPIFY - IF IN DOUBT, PLEASE CONTACT SHOPIFY FOR GUIDANCE
The following process is required in order to authorise integration between your Shopify account and Khaos Control:
- Login to your Shopify Account.
- Click APPS (Not Add Apps)
- Click App and sales channel settings
- Click Develop apps for your store
- Click Allow custom app development
- Click Create an app
- App Name - this should be something that helps you recognise the integration in Shopify in the future.
- Click Create app
- Click Configuration - Admin API Integration and allow the app to access everything
- Click Configure
- Set the following;
- Customer details and customer groups - set to Read and Write.
- Orders, transactions and fulfilments - set to Read and Write.
- Products, variants and collections - set to Read and Write.
- Inventory - set to Read and Write.
- Fulfillment Services - set to Read and Write.
- Merchant Managed Fulfilment Orders - set to Read and Write.
- Click Save
- Click API credentials
- Copy the API Secret Key to a secure location.
- Exit the screen.
Setting the Credentials Against Your Shopify Channel
The following process links your Shopify Channel in Khaos Control with your Shopify store and assumes that you have completed all of the following:
- Defined a Private App for Khaos Control against your Shopify Account
- Created a Shopify Channel in Khaos Control
- Defined a Stock Item Matching Heirarchy
- Defined Group Values and Datasets for the Channel
Once all of the above is completed you are ready to define your credentials:
- Log in to Khaos Control and type 'chan' in the Command Window to load the channels screen.
- Load the Shopify channel you wish to configure.
- Go into Edit mode.
- Enter the URL
- Enter the API Secret Key for your Shopify store.
- Click the Save button. Khaos Control will contact Shopify, confirm the credentials that have been provided and link your channel with your Shopify store.