How To: Email Suppliers XML Purchase Orders
This functionality allows the user to email a XML file to the supplier. Before using this option, you need to set the supplier to have XML files and decide which method of sending the emails you wish to use.
- Open a Supplier screen .
- On the
[ Details | General ]tab, Press + or click to enter edit mode.
- Click on the rollover button button in the Additional Options Area.
- Tick the checkbox.
- Press to save. + or click
The emails that are sent using this option can either be:
- Setup as an Email Template with a Trigger Type of PURCHASE ORDER and an associated Trigger Rule. The Trigger Rule will automatically include the XML file in the email, and you can also have the Attach PDF option enabled if you wish to include a pdf as well.
- Sent using the button in the purchase order. This will send an email with both a pdf and XML file attached.
Note: this option needs to be enabled; please email Development.
Sending the Emails
- Create the purchase order; see:
- Press to save the purchase order if in edit mode. + or click
- Depending on your setup: