How To: Restrict CRM Entries for Users
Users' views of Communication Log entries can be limited by using CRM Types and User Profiles. Users will only be able to see and create Communication Log entries that have a CRM Type that is associated with their User Profile. By default User Profiles will be associated with all CRM Types, system admin users will then be able to amend the User Profiles so that CRM Types are removed from User Profiles as appropriate. This will impact the Communication Log in the following areas of the system:
[ CRM Manager | Comm Log ]screen.
[ Customer | Detail | CRM | Comm Log ]screen.
[ Sales Order | Detail | CRM | Comm Log ]screen.
Note: Users that are not associated with a User Profile will be able to see all Communication Log entries.
To restrict the entries that a user can see:
- Open a System Data screen .
- Double click on
[ Others | Users ].
- Right click on the grid and select 'Define Profiles'.
- Select 'Yes' to the information dialog displayed.
- Follow the instructions detailed in How To: Create a User Profile.
- In the Profile Management popup click on the CRM Types tab.
- Use the checkboxes to block access to the different CRM Types.
- Click OK.
- You will need to close and reopen System Data to use any of the profiles affected by your changes.
Note: Users within these profiles will be restricted in the following ways:
- CRM Type drop-downs will only display un-restricted Types.
- CRM Lookups in Grids will only allow users to select un-restricted Types (although all will be displayed).