How To: Setup Email Templates
|Creating and Editing Email Templates is an Advanced User feature.|
Email Message Templates are used when sending emails either automatically or manually from Khaos Control.
- Open an Email Manager screen .
- Click in the Message Templates radio button to display existing message templates.
Note: existing templates can be opened by double clicking on them in the list.
- Press . + or click
Setup the Message Template Options
In the Setup area at the top:
- Add a template code in the Template Code.
- Add a template description in the Template Desc.
- Select the Trigger Type from the following options:
- BACK ORDERS: for emails generated in relation to an order being on 'Back Order'.
- CAT REQUEST: for emails generated in relation to something happening in the cat request process.
- COMPANY EMAIL: for customer-based emails (for example, letting customers know about a new special offer).
- INVOICE: for emails generated in relation to something happening the Invoice Manager.
- MANUAL: for emails that do not fit into the above categories (this format can use an external csv file to provide the available tags for the template).
- PURCHASE ORDER: for emails generated in relation to purchase ordering.
- REFUND: for emails generated in relation to an item/items on a sales order being refunded.
- REPORT EMAIL: used for manually emailing reports generated in Khaos Control for example Statements.
- RETURN: for emails generated in relation to an item/items on a sales order being returned.
- If the email is always going to be sent to a specific email address, then add the email address into the Send To field.
- If copies of the email are to be sent to another email address, or addresses, for example to the finance department then enter the address into the CC or BCC List field.
- In the Options section tick as required:
- Enter the brand email address, if setup and using, in the Use Brand Email Address field.
- Tick the Show Pack Children checkbox if pack children should be displayed in the email body.
- If you want to add an entry into the contact's Comm Log when the email has been sent then tick the Add to Comm Log when sent checkbox.
Note: A Comm Log entry is only added when the email is actually sent, not when still in pending.
- Tick the HTML Format checkbox if the email is formatted using HTML.
Note: for formatting the email body including adding images see How To: Insert an Image into an Email.
Note: 'Back Orders', 'Refund' and 'Return' trigger types cannot be sent out automatically. These are manually generated, see How To: Setup Emails to be sent based on your Purchase Order Line Status.
Configuring the Email Template
- If not using the default from address then insert a replacement email address in the From field.
- Add a Subject for the email.
Note: tags can be added to the Subject line by clicking on the upper .
- If applicable build up the Item Template using the tags with the blue background adding them to the Item Template field using the lower (INVOICE and PURCHASE ORDER trigger types only).
- If adding the Stock UDA Item tag, see How To: Add Stock UDAs into Email Templates (INVOICE trigger type only).
- If you want to add a line break or have the information on a new line use <br /> where you want the break.
- If applicable build up the To Follow Item Template using the tags with the blue background adding them to the To Follow Item Template field using the lower (INVOICE trigger type only).
Note: if adding the Stock UDA Item tag, see How To: Add Stock UDAs into Email Templates.
- Add the body of the email into the Message Template area remembering to include the $ITEM_TEXT and $TO_FOLLOW_ITEM_TEXT tags if appropriate, for an example see Email Message Template Shipped Example.
Note: if adding the Company UDA Item tag, see How To: Add Company UDAs into Email Templates (INVOICE trigger type only).
- Press to save the Message Template. + or click
Note: linking to courier websites can be done by including the tracking reference $CONSIGNMENT_REF and the link to the courier website in the message body, see How To: Setup 'Your Order has Shipped' Invoice Emails.