Customer / Supplier Statement Tab
For the Other Action Menu options (press or ) see Customer Other Actions Menu.
The Customer/Supplier Statement tab is the ledger where sales and purchase invoices, payments and credit notes are displayed so that they can be allocated to one another.
There are five main areas within this screen:
Note: clicking on the Press to print. button on the button bar displays the Statement Run Dialog enabling the creation of Statement Runs (Statement of Account) reports.
When using currencies there may be differences between the value shown in this screen and the
[ Accounts | Profit & Loss ]screen. This is because this screen shows the combined after allocation total for that customer, whereas the
[ Accounts | Profit & Loss ] screen for the Sales shows the raw figure which hit the sales nominal.
The details of this can be seen in this screen by right-clicking in the Statement Transactions grid and selecting Show Journal Details. The dialog shows the details of the posting including currency loss/gain postings. If more than one allocation is made, this will result in multiple entries.
Currency loss/gains are not flagged against nominal classifications so can't be seen in the nominal classification breakdown.
Currency loss/gains don't change the raw postings to the nominal and only affect the relevant debtors / creditors figures.
Other Actions Menu Accounting Functions
Display the drop-down 'Other Actions' menu either by pressingor clicking the down arrow immediately to the right of the green circle with a white cross icon at the top of the button bar. The following accounting functions are available:
- Accounting Functions: links to key accounting functions.
- Perform Credit Review: loads the Credit Review Dialog. The credit review form will aid in the application of customer credit limits and customer terms.
- Debt Chasing: loads the Debt Chase Stages Dialog box listing customers that are part of the debt chasing process.
- Transfer Transactions / Balance to HQ Company: this function will transfer statement transactions from one or more 'child' companies to a linked 'HQ' company. Khaos Control will automatically assign 'child' transactions to the 'HQ' company that the child is linked to, therefore the only time that this option would ever be used would be when a link is created after child transactions already exist. Multi-select companies from the company list before selecting this operation.
- Print: prints a range of customer specific reports.
- Statement Run: loads the Statement Run Dialog box. This operation will print a statement report for any customer that has an outstanding balance. If 'Remittance Advice' option is ticked for any customer within the statement run, a payment remittance report will also be printed. There is also the option of printing a combined invoice report - you can use this report as a summary report to your customer or you can use it as an invoice document.
- Credit Summary: loads the 'Print Credit Summary' dialog box. It is possible to print a credit summary for a specific company or a company type. Note: the combined invoice report only shows credit notes that have been generated against the customer between the specified dates.
- Payment Reports:
- Customer Payment Reports: prints the 'Customer Payment Summary' report. This report displays all of the payments that have been entered against all customers since the report was last "reset". The report is used to summarise payments that have been entered to aid in the banking of payments, etc. After the report has been printed the system will ask you if the report should be "reset", thereby clearing the report ready for the next batch of payments.
- Supplier Payment Reports: prints the 'Supplier Payment Summary' report. This report displays all of the payments that have been entered against all suppliers since the report was last "reset". The report is used to summarise payments that have been entered to aid in the banking of payments, etc. After the report has been printed the system will ask you if the report should be "reset", thereby clearing the report ready for the next batch of payments.
- Company List: displays a report listing the following information for both customers and suppliers:
- Created: the date the company was created in Khaos Control.
- URN and Company Name
- Credit Limit and Terms
- Addresses: all addresses.
- Contacts: all contacts.
- Complaint Summary: creates a report listing a years worth of complaints, the Level 2 Stock Types that have complaints listed against them and the type of complaint e.g. Stock, Customer Service.